Sunday, April 21, 2013

Day 11 David Bowie On Our Last Day

Waking up for our last day in London is bittersweet. I am having so much fun and at the same time I am missing my family and all that is familiar to me at home. After our wonderful English breakfast, jump onto the tour bus and head off to the Victoria and Albert Museum to see the David Bowie exhibit. The museum itself is an incredible collection of art. We buy our tickets for the Bowie exhibit and have only 20 minutes before we can enter the hall. I wish I was able to take photos to share because this is a fantastic exhibit filled with Bowie's own words about his creative process. It is more than just music, there are ideas, inspiration and of course, the costumes. I don't know all of Bowie's music, but I know enough to love the exhibit.

Afterwards, we come back to the hotel for a quick snack/lunch and then Maddy and I are off to explore the streets with one last walk. We shop, we laugh and we walk arm and arm down the streets of London. As I fear the upcoming teen years, I enjoy every second of this time together and want to hold onto it for as long as I can. When she thanks me for taking her on the walk, my heart skips a beat.

My mother, Maddy and I celebrate our last night at Kiku, a sushi restaurant close to our hotel. It is the perfect ending to this amazing trip. We are tired, ready to go home and laugh about some of the funniest moments. Our three generations trip has come to an end and I will be forever grateful for this experience. It has far exceeded my expectations thanks to the education, the emotion, the fun and our strong bond.

Six months ago, this trip was just an idea and now it is over. All I can say is, "Best idea ever!"








No comments:

Post a Comment