Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 2 Doing a mitzvah

Before we arrived, we had a list of things we wanted to do. The #1 item for my mother was to visit the Lanaido Hospital in Netanya where she and my father began sending money every year for the past 36 years. When Eileen, the woman who was always in contact with my mother, found out that my father had passed away, she told my mother that she would put up a plaque in his name. As she promised, she did and sent my mother a photo. But when my mother and I actually saw the plaque, we knew we did the right thing by visiting. My mother gave another donation and we took some pictures in front of the plaque. A good way to start the day and I hope my dad was smiling.

Next, the tour guide took us to Caesarea and we walked around the remains of King Herod's town. It overlooks the water and it is incredible to think of all the lives that walked here before you for the past 2 thousand years.

Now we are off to see Maddy and her friends for Shabbat.

Wishing everyone a sweet Shabbat wherever you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment