Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 9 Goodbye Israel, Hello London

Waking up at 5:30 is never easy, but I am excited to go to London. Israel was an amazing experience, flew by fast and this time it was sad to say goodbye. Getting through the airport is a breeze and I am thankful for the early morning flight. We waste time by eating breakfast and last minute shopping.

Finally, time to get on the plane. Smooth flight, time passes quickly and I get to see a couple of new movies. Not bad for an almost 5 hour flight.

From the minute we land, I am impressed with the kindness and efficiency of the British. Everything is moving along and I see people smiling as they work. I haven't been here in about 30 years and it is a nice "welcome back."

My mother, Madeleine and I check into the Hilton Park Lane and it already seems like a great place to be. Questions get answered, service with a smile and so far, our first meal is good. Check out the view from our room.

Tonight we go see Matilda the Musical which is fantastic! I recommend it highly. The music is great, the theater is charming and the kids in this show are incredibly talented. It is a feel good, funny, and "songs are still in my head" show. Even though we are exhausted from Masada yesterday and traveling today, we make it through smiling and happy.

Sweet dreams - la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la ( I am still singing)



No comments:

Post a Comment