Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 5 - Part 1: Vacation with a capital V!

My day starts out with a pre-planned trip to the American Embassy for notary services. Here are the lessons learned from that experience:

1. If you are smart enough the make the appointment beforehand (which I did), then be smart enough to get there early so you arrive on time (which I did not).

2. They don't care if you are late and are fine turning you away (which they did).

I am sure they would have been helpful had I been on time. Needless to say, I was very upset with myself, so my mother and I get in a cab and go to the Hilton for a beautiful breakfast overlooking the water. By the end of breakfast, I have turned the Embassy experience into a story for our vacation.

We walk back to our hotel on a path overlooking the water and it is an absolutely gorgeous day here in Tel Aviv. When we return, we relax in the lobby and wait for some of our group to return from their morning activity commemorating Yom Hazikaron. At 11:00am, the memorial siren sounds and my mom and I stand with others for its duration. We look out the window and notice a taxi driver standing by his car with his head down. My eyes well up.

Around noon, our friends return and we take a walk to the new outdoor area of the Tel Aviv Port. Our friend Mike wants sushi, so that is where we end up. It is perfect to have a delicious lunch coupled with wonderful friends (thanks Mike and Russell) and a gorgeous view. I guess that is a trifecta. So this is vacation!









No comments:

Post a Comment